EMSec – Echtzeitdienste für die Maritime Sicherheit – Security
EMSec is a BMBF (Federal Ministry of Research and Education) funded project, started in 2013, aiming to demonstrate the utility and value of integrating information derived by earth observation data with conventional data streams for improved maritime control and maritime situation awareness. The target is to initiate a coordinated service network to provide all the national users (BOS – security agencies and organizations) with integrated maritime services in Near-Real Time (NRT). The central objective of EMSec is to characterize the added value from combining information derived from satellite based, aircraft based earth observation data with conventional data streams such as AIS (Automatic Identification System), coastal radars, and intelligence sources for maritime situation awareness. By demonstrating the impact and benefits from combining Earth Observation data derived with conventional system based information in Near Real Time due to a Human-Machine-Interface (HMI), EMSec is intended to provide clear and credible responses to the following for main areas: Criminal Activities, Natural Hazards, Maritime Casualty and Collision, and Hazardous Material.
The EMSec Project aims at identifying and developing new tools providing effective improvements of the state-of-the-art capabilities in maritime surveillance with respect to users real needs, in particular through the filling of present technological gaps, e.g.:
- improved secure navigation
- protection of navigation systems (spoofing, jamming)
- improved detection rates of suspicious targets
- improved detection quality of hazardous materials and classification
- improved anomaly detection and data fusion
- improved near real time capabilities
- development of HMI interfaces
- Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V.
- Astrium GmbH, Bremen
- ATLAS ELEKTRONIK GmbH, Bremen
- Cassidian Airborne Solutions GmbH, Bremen
- Universität Rostock
- Bundespolizei See, Bad Bramsted
- Deutsche Gesellschaft zur Rettung Schiffbrüchiger, Bremen
Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung
Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V.